Here's a tip. A helpful bit of advice from me...to you. Don't wax nostalgic on a random Wednesday night and start reading through your old journals.
I've just managed to embarrass myself...in front of...well...myself.
The poetry's so bad. The drama is so ridiculous. But I guess...I don't know. Is that the stuff that grows us up? Probably. I'm just not entirely sure that I can appreciate having all that "growth" down on paper. My childish penned anguish...
Seriously. I'm thinking about a bonfire.
"the problem with grown-ups was that under that magnificent shell of adulthood, just under, waited a baby full of tantrums." gwendolyn brooks
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carly Sue
I have destroyed every journal I have ever kept. Mostly in fits of embarrassment. You're in good company.
Or at least in my company.
Robert
why is this such an enormous relief to me?!
i sat there and had visions of my children finding them someday and reading them. that alone is enough reason to remove them from this earth.
you're a good one, bobbio.
a few years ago i destroyed my old high school journals. it's probably time to get rid of some of the college ones too. and omg, the bad poetry...i'm sure mine is much worse than anything you've ever done. adolescence + crazy southern baptist conservativism = chick-tract quality poetry. so.embarassing.
Post a Comment