Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I won't bother apologizing.

I'm sitting here in my apartment, waiting for my RA to show up for our one-on-one. And I remembered that I haven't posted in forever. So, hi. I haven't forgotten you. I can prove it.

Over the past month or so, I've come across certain things that make me stop and giggle. I instantly think of all of you, and how I just know you'll love it as much as I do. So, read on for proof that I think of you all often, and fondly. You sickos...


"Grams? Hi, yeah, it's just me, Susie. Um, I was wondering, I know you're not well, but if you're gonna kick it this week, could you maybe give us a heads up so we can get you in the Thanksgiving Edition of the Tribune? I mean, I don't want to be pushy, but if you want an obituary that's Pulitzer-worthy, I'm gonna need some time...it's a process, rough drafts and all that. Grams? Gramma? Hello?"



Ice, right? Frozen water. Just one question, though...why is WalMart's ice "healthier than homemade?" It's ICE...which is just...frozen...water. Am I missing something? And the way they use the word "homemade" makes me uncomfortable. It insinuates that ice takes a lot of effort to make. Or that there's some sort of secret family recipe that you've been using that's well, unhealthy...
"Ann-Marie! Don't use so much butter in the ice next time--Grandpap's heart can't take it!"




Uh...Santa's WHAT?




This little gem was from earlier this evening. Jess and I were at Dollar Tree. Just an interesting aside: did you know that Dollar Tree doesn't sell paintbrushes--but they do sell panties? Odd. I know.

But not nearly as odd as a girl wanting these particular panties. Your crotch is hot and spicy? Really. I mean, really? That doesn't seem like something I'd want to advertise to someone who's close enough to see said panties...it seems more like something you'd hear on a Valtrex commercial. Sit on a bag of frozen peas, honey, things'll be better in the morning. And in the meantime, you might want to think twice about comparing your vagina to Moo Goo Gai Pan.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the laughs, Carly!

m.wise said...

good ideas, carly. i think the homemade ice goes like this. that door used to be on a different freezer, maybe one that had ice cream in it. but one thing led to another and they took the door off of that freezer and put it on this one. at least, that's what i think.

Adam said...

I think I've heard somewhere that ice in your freezer can pick up stuff from other things in the freezer, so maybe they're trying to say that it's healthier to have their ice than the freezer-burned beef-flavored ice in your fridge at home.

Adam said...

Also, thanks for the funny post. It's good to know we're not all forgotten.

edluv said...

on the ice, i'm thinking maybe they use purified or filtered water or something like that.

on the panties, shouldn't they be...well...$1 and not $1.50? it is dollar tree right?


nice post, welcome back.