I wanted to put this up before I forgot.
Last month, there was an event on campus called Project Eve. It's an art show that is made up of all women artists. There are paintings, sculpture, performances...it's awesome. An RD friend of mine (Ms. Dana Krepps--who I adore) talked me into submitting something. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do, and or say with my piece.
This is what I came up with:

I took a pair of awesome stilettos and I decoupaged them--with scripture about women. Esther, Eve, Rahab, Mary, Gomer...it was fantastic.
I titled it "superficial substance." And I have to say, I made me feel like I had a voice. It didn't matter all that much that people might not get it--I got it, and I expressed myself exactly how I wanted to...which was awesome.
5 comments:
Way to go! I think everyone should try art and it's especially exciting that you got to show them at an exhibition.
Good for you, lady.
Thanks, Adam!!! Hi!!!
These are BEAUTIFUL - just beautiful - seriously. Why didn't you say anything?! I would have come up to see your masterful display. You are talented more than you know woman!!
hella cool.
this is amazing. i swear you can do anything.
Post a Comment