Monday, January 21, 2008

long distance dedication...

Danny Clapp! I was in Pat Catan’s the other day getting my craft on, turned the corner and lo and behold—I saw this:

Yeah. That’s right. I stood there and laughed out loud…and then missed you.

For those of you who don’t know Danny (which, that’s a shame-you’re missing out), he and I used to work together at Geneva in the Student Activities Office. He was the good assistant, I was the bad assistant. Except on Mondays when our boss wasn’t in the office and we were both bad assistants. We’d spend a good 8 hours just emailing/IMing our friends and secretly throwing out crap we’d find in the supply cupboards that we deemed unnecessary. Well, that or I’d have worn a skirt on purpose so I didn’t have to help him set up stages, move chairs or any other manual labor. He’d regulate me to blowing up inflatable palm trees and I’d complain I was messing up my lip gloss.

Good times. That’s us in the middle…

2 comments:

Danny said...

Unbelievable. I still remembering giving you that card...

Why are the days I hated at the time now referred to as the glory days?

Question: Is that "Gilligan and Mary Ann" next to Susan? (I think I might remember hating that event...)

carly said...

i know, i know...now that i'm peddling Bibles, i'd give anything to be sprawled out on skye lounge floor inhaling chalk dust while i free-hand an enormous mug of coffee. sigh.

and oh yes, that IS gilligan and mary ann. did anyone NOT hate that event?