Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Today...

I went to the local Walmart. Brief history of this town--it's rural. Completely. And the Walmart is generally filled with LOTS of scary people. But a different kind of scary, you know? I mean, I lived in Lawrenceville--I can handle thugs--it's these rural, mountainy types that set me on edge.

But I digress. What I wanted to tell you is that walking into the Walmart right in front of me was an Amish lady. Who knew.

I was desperate to take her picture to show all of you but I didn't want her freaking out, thinking I was trying to steal her soul or something.

That was a joke. I'm super insensitive. No hate mail, please.

8 comments:

Adam said...

Heh. I liked your joke. No hate mail here.

carly said...

That's cause you miss me and were just excited that I posted. :P

Adam said...

It's like you're inside my head.

carly said...

Yeah. You really need to clean this place up...

Adam said...

Nah, I like my dirty mind.

Keke said...

OH MY WORD!
My best friend used to live in Pennsylvania, and we would go Amish spotting in the Walmart there, too!



crap.

we're all going to hell....

Tammy said...

You're making me miss home (New Wilmington) where I would pass Amish buggies daily. One of their families lived across the street from my cousins and they would come over for family picnics. Go ahead and take a picture-they are used to it!

Anonymous said...

Honey, I got behind an Amish lady in line at the Walmart pharmacy here in good ol' Indiana, PA...she was trying to write a check. 15 minutes later, I was still in line (I REALLY needed my pills...) laughing so hard I was crying. What's the first thing they ask for when you're writing a check? All I had to hear was "No, I do not have a photo ID" and I was in hysterics.