Thursday, August 21, 2008

You had me at Merlot.

Tonight Jess, Reid and I went out to eat. Jess starts telling us how she likes to think of people as certain types of food...we laughed really hard and then I asked her what she thought I was.

She said I'm like a glass of wine.

Reid immediately laughed because his first response was "cause she gets better with age?!" Yeah, you just shush it, man--I had a mother tell me today that I wouldn't know her niece who graduated from Geneva because, "she's older than you--she's in her late 20's." Riiiight. I get younger everyday, people.

Anyway, back to me me being like wine...she said it's because it goes well with other things, that it DOES get better with age-but that it's more of a process and that if you're not careful, it has the power to completely incapacitate and "own" you.

Awesome. I'll take it.

5 comments:

Adam said...

As long as you're not a cheap wine. =P

carly said...

Never.

I will not be a boxed wine.

Adam said...

Wow, the innuendo for this metaphor could really get out of hand.

Do you have a rubber cork or a natural cork?

flowgun said...

Are you dating anyone at your new job yet?

carly said...

Eh. The administration usually frowns on the whole "dating students" thing.