The VP of Student Life and Learning is an old friend/supervisor/coworker of mine. He's one of the reasons I'm here and honestly, one of the most fantastic people you'll ever meet. I'm not being dramatic.
Yesterday we were walking out of the Student Union and he asked me how I was transitioning and if it was going well. And I told him this story:
On Friday I wore this ridiculously cute plaid skirt. An RA from another staff came up to me and was like, "That's really cute! I think I have it in blue!" and we made a joke about wearing them on the same day.
Yesterday morning, I woke up, checked Outlook and had an email from Jackie that had been sent at 7:30am. The subject line said "Dude..." and when I opened it, it read, "Can we wear our plaid skirts today?!" I typed back "Oh HECK.YES."
So we did.
Yeaaah. My transitioning into college life is going just fine.
Although, it's funny that I now eat my meals here:
Yesterday we were walking out of the Student Union and he asked me how I was transitioning and if it was going well. And I told him this story:
On Friday I wore this ridiculously cute plaid skirt. An RA from another staff came up to me and was like, "That's really cute! I think I have it in blue!" and we made a joke about wearing them on the same day.
Yesterday morning, I woke up, checked Outlook and had an email from Jackie that had been sent at 7:30am. The subject line said "Dude..." and when I opened it, it read, "Can we wear our plaid skirts today?!" I typed back "Oh HECK.YES."
So we did.
Yeaaah. My transitioning into college life is going just fine.
Although, it's funny that I now eat my meals here:
(I'm hoping the beefy, hardcore football players didn't think I was trying to take their picture...)
Oh and check out what I got:
I got a lot of them, actually. Another RD and I are going to hand them out at local bars to attract men and prove we're employed and not just glorified camp counselors.
3 comments:
Oh Carly...I just love to read your blog! It sounds like things are going great up there! Those students are ridiculously blessed to have you.
PS-Way to rock out the RD dorm room!
Wow, real business cards. That's like...you're all growed up 'n' stuff.
man, a business card! remember when you and danny taped your names under "director of student activities" and took pictures?? maybe that was just danny... anyway, congrats on being an RD again! you were great at Geneva...Grove City is luck to have you! BTW...I agree, you rock the dorm room...you have such great taste!
Post a Comment