I got this FAX today:

Yeah, he scrawled "do you carry this book" on the first page.

And then faxed a SECOND page that had the blurb, cover, author info and ISBNs.
There's so many reasons why this annoys me beyond belief. Let me highlight a few.
1. You had the numbers and the title and the author. Couldn't you have put "Do you carry the ISBN 999-999-9999?" and saved a second page?
2. Couldn't you have gone to our website, and right at the top of the homepage where it says "Search"--typed in the author, title and/or ISBN?
3. Why in the hell didn't you just call and ask?
5 comments:
Because fax machines are so cool and modern!
That's what I said! Is he taken by the whole idea and thinks the paper breaks up into little bits and then comes back together like Mike Teevee in Willy Wonka?
"I can't fax you this because it's my only copy"
I promise you it will come out the bottom.
I think it's good your leaving, because very trivial things are really bothering you.
Sometimes customers have dealt with so many brainless employees that they feel they must dumb down everything whenever they interact with employees over the phone. Don't take it personal.
ugh, i faxed all my maternity leave stuff to our HR dept, and i did it FIVE times, and they "never got it." i hate fax machines. why WHY do they still exist!? look at it this way, you don't have to actually talk to the customer. i avoid all mouth to mouth contact with our clients if you know what i mean!
Post a Comment