Thursday, July 24, 2008

How 'bout them apples?

I got a text on Friday from an old friend about a possible job in Res Life at a local college.

I got an email on Sunday from the VP for Student Life asking for an interview.

I had about a 5 hour interview yesterday.

Last night I was was offered the position.

This morning I accepted.

And I just quit my job.

14 comments:

Cosner{Partyof5} said...

that is sooo exciting car...congrats!!

timidvenus said...

yippee!!!!!!!

carly said...

Thanks, ladies!

The only bad thing is...it's not California. But I think this is the way to go--I'll get back into Higher Ed and babystep my way over to the West Side.

carly said...

I will.

And I'm still planning my visit--but it's gonna have to be around New Year's instead of Halloween. :P

Adam said...

Uh huh, suuuuure. I recall you wanted to visit around New Year's anyhow.

carly said...

Hey. It's my hot body, I can do what I want.

Lulu said...

Congratulations! That must have felt so freakin good.
And now you can make the middle finger cake:)

Tammy said...

Congrats Carly! What school?

edluv said...

cool. it's always nice to actually be doing what you want to do.

carly said...

Tammy--Grove City. :)

And yes, it felt good to quit, but a little scary to be changing my life pretty drastically and quickly over the next two weeks.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Car! You did it...

My turn?

carly said...

Yes, dear cuz o' mine. You're up. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!! And now I can come visit you and Swank and Larry all in one spot! AWESOME!!

So should I tell you about the WAVE of jealousy that washed over me when I read your news - and the lingering confusion within me about just why I am so jealous... hmmm... guess I'll hash this one out with the counsleor this week...

You'd better tell me if there are any other positions that open up!