Okay, see this is what I'm talking about. I just had a customer on the phone. She's a dear woman and is always nice to me.
But after every ISBN, when she tells me how many of any given item she says, "Five cooooopies."
And it's HORRIBLE. I mean...Janice from Friends horrible. She seriously drags it out unnecessarily and it annoys me more than I feel comfortable talking about. So, I'm sitting here, covering my mouth with my hand, willing her to just STOP IT.
Look, I don't want to dislike this woman. I decide to be proactive. So, after she gives me the ISBN, I say, "How many?" thinking that she'll just answer with a simple number, like "5," right? Wrong.
"Okay--ISBN 9780883689999."
"How To Alienate and Hurt Non-Christians Because You're Better Than Them? How many?"
"Two coooooooooooopies."
Ugh. Okay, this isn't working. I try again.
"ISBN 9780883689997."
"Jesus, Protect Me From Your Followers? How many copies?" (See what I did there?...)
"Three coooooooooooopies."
I give up. I quit.
And it makes me like her less.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Also, how much do I like your blog? I'll take 11 coooooooooopies.
how exactly is that pronounced?
is that and ooo sound?
an aww sound?
is she saying coop-ies but longer?
and there is a movie called, 'lord, save us from your followers.'
i've seen a lot of it, it's a micheal moore-ish documentary that's pretty good.
here's the website.
LOL Adam, sadly, they're fake, but I could probably make a killing if I could find a publisher.
And Ed, um...it's more of an "awww." Wait, no it's definitely more "cahhhpies." Yeah. That's it.
Post a Comment