Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Hi. My name is Carly..."

"...and I'm a mess."

I'm going to start a new branch of the 12-step program. MA...Mess Anon. I think I need recovery. I need recovery because people don't want to handle a messy person. Get right, or get out.

Which just smacks of irony because everyone is a mess in their own right.

I like a good mess. I mean, not the kind that would necessitate an outside cleaning crew--but a decent, real, 'yeah, me too' kind of mess. I hate my own imperfections but I happen to find some weird sort of solace in other people's. I think our mess makes us. I'm insecure about my body...and you don't like eggs. I have an irrational hatred of Jodie Foster and you have an irrational fear of committment. I get it. It's the perfect that doesn't make sense to me. I want you to show me something.

3 comments:

Adam said...

*looks over shoulder*

You talkin' to me?

carly said...

No. I know how messy YOU are. :P

Cosner{Partyof5} said...

i love your messy self!! in fact, i think it's your messiness that i love...

we were just talking about this in my bible study class... why is it that no one can get over themselves enough to admit they're a mess, i mean cause face it, we all know, and why can't we all just embrace the mess?? in fact, i love my messy self too... why can't other people love me the way i do??