Monday, July 07, 2008

No lid.

I have no lid upon my head
But if I did
You could look inside and see
Whats on my mind...

This probably isn't the best idea for me. I'm realizing that I'm a fairly hateful human being...unless I like you. The bottom line is that I'm just really, really glad that people can't see what's on my mind. Because more often than not, I'm probably judging how you dress...or how you dress your children. Or thinking how I'd think you were more attractive if you were taller. Or wondering how you made it to the age you're at with being so absolutely stupid. Or how I have no idea what a guy like you is doing with a girl like that. Or thinking that I'd love to have a body like yours...but only from the waist up.

I recently told Jess that it's probably a really good thing that I don't have my own reality show. It's a good thing because of the simple fact that while I spend most of my time being hateful inside my head, occasionally...I let it slip out. What's important to note is that I only let it slip out if I'm by myself (or with someone equally as mean, which...well, is Jess and that's about it) and that's why a reality show would be disasterous--because I'd never be by myself. When I'm yelling at the short guy on a motorcycle in front of me, and calling him a troll--there'd be a camera. When I'm mocking the old lady in the Wendy's drive thru because she's taking forEVER--yeah, there'd be a camera. When I walk back to my desk muttering that I hate it when you talk to me and I don't want you to talk to me and I'm about done being polite to your face--hey look, a camera!

I think I'm what's wrong with the world.

5 comments:

Danny said...

Your honesty is what's right in the world. Plus, you make us all laugh really hard...and for that you deserve a jewel in your crown.

Adam said...

Have you read my blog?

Unknown said...

I kinda get a kick out of your disdain for short guys.

m.wise said...

you're not what's wrong with the world...and you know it. i hope you have a good week.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i laughed outloud at the troll comment!