I go into work at 11am on Tuesdays & Thursdays and work until 7pm. On my late days, I always see these two Jehovah's Witnesses (probably in their 20s) walking along the street in their white short-sleeved dress shirts and black skinny ties headed door-to-door to witness to the lost, or whatever it is they do.
A few weeks ago, I was at a stop sign when they walked right by my car. The one looked at me and smiled. I'm a cute girl. He wants to save my soul. I get it. Whatever.
The next week, I was driving by (it's like a 25 mph zone with a bunch of stop signs) and no joke, he gave me the 'playa head nod.' I laughed out loud in my car. A JW just gave me a "What's up." Fabulous.
Well, that was about 2 weeks ago. This morning, I had my jams playing, my coffee, my sunglasses (because next to shoes, I love sunglasses next) and I was on my way out of town when there they were. And this morning, he waved. He WAVED. I've been singled out, people. He didn't wave to any other cars.
Which (stay with me), begs the following question: what does he think is going to happen? That I'm going to mistake him for a Geek Squad employee, pull over to ask a question about my hard drive and he'll get to offer me a chance to become one of The Chosen?
I must look like a mighty fine sinner, yessiree.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
He wants your soul Carly. Also he is sexually repressed and probably horny and it is just too much for a young guy to hold back when he is all of that AND sees a hot lady.
And yes, Sara is coming to Fresno so you are next. You can open a bakery, Adam can build your furniture, Sara can design your marketing materials, Adam and Ed will podcast their hearts out about how tasty it is and I will just eat your cakes (Mike, dont be pervy, you know what I mean). Has there ever been a more perfect plan? I cant think of any.
I'm SO on board with this. SO.
okay, lulu:
1. i would lovelovelove to do marketing material for carly (for some reason i super love graphic design), but what made you think that i would be any good at it? that is sooo random.
2. ed and i are going to podcast now. actually, i havent talked to him about it at all, but adam was leaving, and ed needed another podcaster (me, obv), and so i think adam should HAVE to stop podcasting if he stays.
3. and no, there has NEVER been a more perfect plan. ever.
are you sure he's not mormon? pair of guys, white shirts, sounds mormon to me. only way i would be more convinced is if they were on bikes.
and i'm so plugged into the fresno blogosphere that we could easily get tens of customers to buy baked goods from you. btw, have you seen stranger than fiction?
say what you want, kasey, but there is no other way that i could not always and forever imagine you eating carly's cakes
Well timid I knew you liked and were good with graphics and you are smart and you arent shy so I think you would be perfect in marketing.
I think Adam did forfit his place in the podcast. I like the female perspective. He can be a guest though;)
And Mike, maybe that should be the name of the bakery, "Eat Carly's Cakes".
Definitely Mormons, not witnesses.
JW's wear many different colored shirts and pants - the Bible only says one should dress modestly and respectfully, not alike, as the Mormon boys do.
Also, you will encounter JW's of all different ages, while it is just the young unmarried men (& once in a GREAT while, young women) who go out evangelizing. (Gee, Jesus witnessed when he was 29 to 30 years of age, and John and Paul kept witnessing until they were very old men.)
Hmm. Ok, my little brother says they're Mormon, too.
Maybe he wants to make me a sister-wife. Eh. He's no Bill Henrickson.
Ed--yes, I've seen Stranger Than Fiction--it's actually one of my favorite movies.
I need to find a new job...
Post a Comment