Here's the before picture I took on Thursday night.
And here is the after.
Do you want more?
Of course you do.
The chairs before I recovered them. (There were eight of those monsters and I have the blisters from the staple gun to prove it. Not to mention, today, at one point my right hand went a little numb on me.)
The chairs after.
The limes we added at the very end might be my favorite. It's amazing the difference just a little touch of the right color will make.
Our work in progress.
Scott helped (and true to form hammed it up when he saw a camera).
And Danny provided the soundtrack.
As I type this Dave, Erin and the girls are on their way home from Lancaster. They won't be in until after midnight. I told Erin I'm glad we won't be there in case she doesn't like it--she won't have to feign excitement. But I'm also a little in love with it, so I don't know how she could hate it. I'm so excited and so nervous!
9 comments:
frackin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, lovey!!
she will love it...you are amazing car...really great
Ty Pennington ain't got nothin' on you. Nothin'!!
AW! Thanks everyone!!!
LOL Kasey...if only it was a marketable skill. As it stands I'm just a poor man's Martha Stewart. Albeit a better-looking one.
Gorge! How could she not love it. If she doesn't there is something wrong with her.
Lol she definitely loved it--she said she just keeps staring at it, and walking back into the room to look at it from different angles.
It was a hit. :)
looks beautiful!!! just contemporary enough to not scream pretentious, yet warm enough to create a family atmosphere.
what did you use for the artwork in the frames?
Thanks, Devon!
Some of the art were pieces they already had. We actually were running low on money when it came to artwork (the frames were probably the most expensive thing in the room!) and so when we were buying fabric for the chairs, we went through and found some GREAT pieces, bought a yard and used them in frames. It turned out awesome.
Post a Comment