Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Quis ut Deus?

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host-
by the Divine Power of God-
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

My friend Robert sent me that prayer. And then he told me this:
I really like St. Michael because he's the archangel who lead the attack on satan and the rebel angels with the cry, "Quis ut Deus?" or "Who is like God?"

Bad ass. That's what that is.

6 comments:

m.wise said...

what's with the picture of neo beckoning morpheus to fight him?

Monticore said...

I always think of Liam Nieson in Gangs of New York when they talk about Saint Michael.

carly said...

Um, Mike that made me EL-Oh-EL...

Anonymous said...

actually, the matrix comparison thing isn't that different. We always think of them being thrown out of the sky and falling. It was probably more like a battle that entailed enough power to nock angels into another dimension. which is awesome! JB

Anonymous said...

when we are talking about a knock that powerful, it's common to drop the 'K' alright

carly said...

Nice cover, Duke. LOL (I'm sorry, I meant LQTM)