ANYWAY.
This has been an insane--what, 11 days--since my last post. IN.SANE. It's such a weird thing to have been misplaced and not know it. Or maybe it was just that I didn't know the extent of it, but after a long 5+ years, I feel like I'm somewhere I belong.
My RAs are really wonderful girls who are ridiculously fun and, ok, let's be honest, thankfully think I'm super funny. And "popular." Which, if you know me at all, makes me the happiest girl (read: attention-starved) EVER. ;) Yeah, today Sarah said, "What?! Do we have the most popular RD or what?" Dana and I said yes and then I happened to tack on "and most attractive." Which they rolled with because I'm not sure at this point, they feel comfortable arguing.
The other RDs...yeah, I don't have words for these people. Seriously. They're astounding. They're smart. They're passionate. And holy CRAP are they funny. They made me feel really welcome and comfortable as soon as I got here (they'd all been here in training for a good 2 weeks already). I really really love our staff and am making new friends--which I love. They're fantastic. I honestly can't do anything but go on about them. So I'll stop before it gets superdog annoying.
I don't know, guys...this has been...amazing. I'm actually sitting here just shaking my head because I feel a little bit at a loss for words. I can't begin to tell you how different life is for me. How I feel like I've got fire again. How I feel like I have purpose. How I feel passionate about things and people. And it's hard. It's a hell of a lot harder than letting someone read me numbers. It's a huge committment and I'm alread tired--but I'm happy. That's the good word, peeps. It's as simple as that.
And now, some pics of my new apartment. The bedroom:

Yeah, I have 2 closets.
My iiiiiiiitty-bitty kitchen...ette. Yeah, that's a mini-fridge. And the thing on top of the cart? It's my Easy Bake Oven.


The living room. No, the fireplace doesn't work.

Oh, and yeah, the pink curtains are going. I don't know when or how, but I'm making sure of it. Trust me.


Well...that's it for now. We're still in the middle of RA Training so it's outrageously busy. When it slows down a bit, I'll have a routine again, which will be nice. Until then, text me tomorrow so I have a distraction when we're going over the section on confrontation...cause we all know I've got that one down. ;)
I have mad love for all of you. Night!
8 comments:
I'll just say yay for being happy about the new job, yay for the new post, and yay for magnetic poetry.
Yay! I love it! And I love you! And I love that the apartment already looks like you - it's perfect :) Can't wait to come visit - so glad you're busy - and HAPPY :D
it looks amazing car! the easy bake oven...too funny!
so glad to hear that things are going well for you.
awsome all the way around!
Yay Carly! I'm so happy your happy! I know you'll have a blast. Keep on postin'!
yay carly! you're so talented and passionate and brilliant (is that how you spell it?). i'm very happy you finally are working somewhere you can use the amazing gifts you have.
Thanks you guys...
SOOOOO glad to see that magnetic poetry made the cut in the effort to downsize! :)
Carly B = attractive and popular... I've always known that!
But do they know you can scrub mold off of walls and NOT even break a nail? Talk about impressive! :)
Am praying for you as you settle in!
Susan :)
Post a Comment