So, I've been here in my new life for what, like, 2.5 months? It's been really great. Really busy. Sometimes I have days like this past Thursday where I had 6 hours of just meetings. In fact, most of my job consists of meetings. The idea of that might drive people crazy, and while it can be exhausting, it will always beat the hell out of a cubicle.
That being said, I've also been busy getting an education of my own...
- Quarters are priceless when you're paying to do laundry again.
- Dorm water does awful things to my hair and skin.
- 4-inch pumps are not the best shoes to wear when you have to walk everywhere.
- I should really learn how to throw a Frisbee.
- 33 is really old when you're surrounded by 18 to 21-year-olds.
- 33 isn't really old when no one thinks you look older than 25.
- Chicken patty day in the Cafe makes my day.
- Apparently, water pressure-like Spandex-is a privilege, not a right.
- Don't try sleeping in "limited" clothing. You'll inevitably get a call on the Duty phone and end up taking a little bit longer than normal while Campus Safety waits for you in your lobby. Not that that's happened.
- I canNOT win at Phase 10. Ever.
- People really don't have a problem making out in front of everyone. Or on the science building steps at 2am when it's 40 degrees outside. Just sayin.
- Football players have been, and will always be, the same.
- When sorority girls tell me they love my hair, I feel cooler than I really am.
- Sound, and voices, carry incredibly well in a residence hall.
- Parents of Millennials are batshit crazy.
That's installment #1...I'm sure there will be more.
3 comments:
"Parents of millennials are batshit crazy" is my new favorite line. Amazing. Just amazing.
It's truuuuuue. :P
Sleeping in limited clothing is the best. And makes for a much more entertaining sight when firedrills happen.
Post a Comment