Tonight I went to the North Country Brewery with some friends (it was good times, as usual). On my way home, I stopped at Giant Eagle in Slippery Rock because they have two Redbox rental things. I've been looking for "Burn After Reading" for about a week.
I check the one outside. No luck. I'm checking the one inside when two guys walk in. They're in their mid-forties, bearded and wearing camouflage. I hear the one tell the other that he's going to check out the one outside. I look, and "Burn After Reading" isn't there, so I cancel it out and step away. I turn and walk away and hear Jim-Bob say, "What you lookin' for, babe?"
Babe? Really? Babe?
But I'm not rude. So, I turn back around.
"Oh, I'm just...I was looking for 'Burn After Reading.'"
"Izzat any good?"
"Uhh...I don't know."
"Yeah. I'm lookin' for this." (He points to the "Righteous Kill" poster)
"Oh? Good luck..."
I start to walk away. He continues to talk.
"Yeaaaah, honey--Deniro and Pacino!..."
(Does the 'honey' supersede the 'babe?' I'm not sure how that works.)
Thank goodness for automatic doors...and that they close.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for giving me a good laugh to start my day!
Ah, townies... you'll miss them when you're gone... maybe ;) Glad to see you're blogging again :)
I believe, in the lexicon of the perverted pick up artist, babe supersedes honey. You have to rank them in terms of lurid endearment.
Post a Comment