Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sisters....sisters...

Okay, so I went to a college that didn't have greek life.

Which is why, when I got this email today, I stared in complete and utter bewilderment. Sorority girls are tres interesting. Fo sho.

A reminder about silence period: there is to be NO CONTACT between sorority members and girls who Rushed. This includes face-to-face conversation, telephone, text messaging, Facebook, e-mail, AIM, and all other forms of communication. It is up to the sorority whether you have your fall social bids on the Rush side of silence period or on the active side of silence period. Of course, you can remain friendly to everyone- a “hello”, wave, or smile are acceptable. Silence period does not apply to roommates or biological sisters.

Whaaaaat? Oh how I wish I could invoke a silence period for certain people in my life. A wave? Ok. A smile? That's "acceptable." But other than that, how about you NOT being allowed to contact me. Fabulous.

These chicks might be on to something.

2 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

what? no greek life carly? what about alpha beta-carotene?! :-D

Adam said...

Our house junior year was "eta pi, mu mu mu" (say it out loud). And then one of our housemates took down our foil wrapped letters after a week. Sad.