
When I was little, my mum and dad decided to move us all from Pennsylvania to California.
Mum tells this story about how we hadn't been there very long, and one day she and I were in the front yard playing (we only had each other since my dad would go to work and my older siblings went to school), when I spotted a woman and a little girl walking down the street. She tells me that I grabbed her hand and started yelling, "Mummy! Go get that girl--I want to be friends with her!"
When she's telling the story, she always pauses after that part, smiles, shrugs and says, "What was I supposed to do? I had to." Then continues on about how she got up and went over to talk to the girl's mother. And how we both ended up with a new friend in a new place.
All that to say, that's who my mother is. When I need her, and even when I think I don't-she always makes good. She's pretty fantastic. And I love her.
4 comments:
just don't tell her that you pulled something yesterday picking up a sweater, because that will make her feel old. and who wants to feel old on their birthday.
LOL...nah, she's the one who'd blame the 4-inch heels. she yells all the time about how i'm ruining my knees. or that i'm going to trip and snap my ankle.
Nah, if you trip, you'll totally snap a wrist or elbow. Trust me, I've done it in roller skates. Your ankles should be fine.
"roller skates"...uh huh
Post a Comment