Thursday, June 12, 2008

An afterthought.

Jess and I have been laughing about this since yesterday.

The thing is--let's pretend that Dubbya did, in fact, sell his soul to El Diablo. If you were him, wouldn't you just be pissed? I'd be like, "This is what I get for signing over my eternal soul?! What-like a 2% approval rating?! Even my right-wing fundies have turned their backs on me! Not to mention the fact that most of the global community would like to see me in that ceremonial coffin we used--dead."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, when you're working for the Lord of Darkness, there'd have to be certain perks that were written into the agreement, right? Hence the "selling" of your soul. It's not like he's just borrowing it--it's a transaction--which means that good ol' GW should be getting something in return that doesn't involve unadulterated spite and hatred.

I'd sue Satan's ass for breach of contract.

3 comments:

Adam said...

LOL.

He's the Dark Lord. He doesn't have to maintain contracts. What? Satan can't lie?

edluv said...

and, i'd say that he would have ALL the lawyers on his side. what, are you going to represent yourself against satan and his all star team of lawyers?

carly said...

Sigh. You guys are missing the point here.

People who are dissatisfied and unhappy with their customer service experience will go tell anywhere from 10-20 people not to use that particular company or product.

So, if Satan wants to CONTINUE to collect people's souls, he's going to have to offer a sweet deal. The reason he has to MAKE GOOD on the sweet deal is because if he lies, then people will be all,
"Um. Are you talking to the King of Hades? Cause he promised my cousin Paco a mansion in South Beach and a supermodel wife. But when Paco sold his soul to him all he got was a beater El Camino and a pregnant girlfriend. I wouldn't make any deals with that asshole. I'm just sayin'."