Thursday, June 26, 2008

Girl.

So this week, I completely ran out of my perfume. If there's something you should know about me, it's that I almost can't function if I don't have my perfume. I love it. I need it.

I went to get it and was pleasantly surprised to find out that---
it's free gift time at Estee Lauder!

Which got me thinking...I like-no, LOVE-being a girl. Do guys get a bunch of fun, expensive, free stuff when they buy things? It's possible I'm just not aware of it, but I don't think they do. Oh, and as a sidenote, the mascara they put in there is.to.die.for. I finished my makeup this morning, took one look at my lashes and turned myself on.

Ok, so here is a short list of why I think it's great being a girl:
  • free makeup from Estee Lauder with a $29.95 purchase
  • peep-toe pumps/wedges
  • fun underwear
  • lipgloss
  • the color pink
  • getting out of gym class because you have your period
  • there are couches in our bathrooms
  • flirty skirts
  • chunky bracelets
  • men who think you're cute but don't stand a chance
  • we can grow other humans
  • the way it feels to get into bed right after you've shaved your legs
  • chunky rings
  • we can wear tank tops outside of the gym and not look silly
  • changing your life with a haircut/style

Addendum: While I prefer girldom, I'm still super pissed I can't pee standing up.

4 comments:

Adam said...

I've gotten free stuff from my tool and hardware suppliers. And I get comped beers by my regular bar tender all the time.

Also, I have fun boxers, but only if you're referring to print rather than cut, because if we're talking about cut, there's nothing fun about briefs.

And as far as the bathroom goes, the last place I wanna lounge in noxious gases and the sounds of flushing: the bathroom. But, if I recall correctly, girls don't poop or fart, yes?

edluv said...

damn, i totally was going to through out the peeing standing up thing as being our reward for not getting free stuff like girls. but you beat me.

damn you and your wit!

m.wise said...

that's a nice list of why it's nice to be a girl

timidvenus said...

fyi, adam, not only do girls get comped beers by bartenders, but we also get guys buying them for us. ALL THE TIME.

and, carly, i too am disappointed about not being able to to pee standing up. its a bummer, especially since it would be fun to do in a skirt.