Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Allegedly.

Look at what I found hiding in an old CD case:

Now. This CD was made for me by a friend about 5 or 6 years ago. We had been talking about some old school slow jams and I'd been giggling over the likes of Keith Sweat. Shortly after that, he sent me this mix (Alex, not Keith Sweat).

It's in a class all its own, peeps. Here's the playlist (oh, and if you're younger than say...28--I doubt it will be as amusing):

Please Don't Go Away - Boyz II Men
'Cause I Love You - Lenny Williams
If I Ever Fall In Love Again - Shai
Knockin' Da Boots - H-Town
Girl U For Me - Silk
I'll Make Love To You - Boyz II Men
Because I Love You - Stevie B.
I Need Love - LL Cool J
I'll Give All My Love To You - Keith Sweat
Diamonds & Pearls - Prince
Bended Knee - Boyz II Men
I'd Die Without You - PM Dawn
Lately - Stevie Wonder
One More Try - Timmy T
Freak Me - Silk
End Of The Road (en Espanol) - Boyz II Men


Heck.yes.

14 comments:

timidvenus said...

i am going to MARRY that cd

edluv said...

timmy t is from...wait for it...fresno!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

boyz II men...i LOVED them!

carly said...

Sara--I'll send you a copy. Although I'd prefer to hand-deliver it.

And Ed, he is!? Lol--I'm not sure what I think is more awesome--that he's from Fresno, or that you KNOW that he's from Fresno.

Lulu said...

Timmy T is indeed from Fresno, hahaha thats hilarious. I have to say that besides the Timmy T song, I heart Knockin Da Boots. If R. Kellys Bump N rind, it would be perfect.

But can we address the fact that your CD says "Carly Alleged Panty Dropper" on it? I feel it needs some explanation.

Lulu said...

That should actually be Bump N Grind, not rind. I have a temperamental "G" key and very lazy proof reading skills.

edluv said...

fahk, we love our psuedocelebs in fresno:
timmy t
k.federline
some hollywood gossip dude
me


and then there are the real ones
joanna kerns
cher
me
tom seaver
the guy that invented the nike swoosh (that's not true)
one of the kids from the little rascals
and more!

Adam said...

I thought a woman invented the Nike swoosh.

Damn you people must be old. Who are all the people on that album? =P

Adam said...

Yes, it was a woman and she did it for an original price of $35 though she later got some stock. I wonder how much.

edluv said...

see, adam, it was a joke. because whomever did it wasn't from fresno, and i was just throwing people in.

incidently, the idea came from the opening of talib kweli's album quality. dave chappelle, sort of impersonating nelson mandella, is attributing all these things to kweli:
scholar
ghetto philosopher
three time nobel peace prize winner
first black man to pilot an aircraft
the nigga that made up the nike swoosh
the man that made kool aid say, "ohh yeah!"
brooklyn's own, talib kweli!

Adam said...

I know how jokes work. Still woulda been funny with the accurate gender.

I didn't recognize the Chappelle bit though.

carly said...

Kasey--well, I mean, he titled it the panty dropper...as to why he included my name-wishful thinking? Kiiiiiidding. I also got a "Carly-Ballad Type" CD, too.

Ed--Christina Aguilara is from Pittsburgh. Only don't believe the hype. She talks like she's from some inner-city Spanish Harlem, when in reality, she grew up in the richest, whitest suburb of Pitt--Wexford.

As for the Nike Swoosh, I prefer the guy who thought up the arrow in the negative space in the FedEx logo.

Adam said...

Oh, you mean Lindon Leader.

carly said...

I do, indeed! He's dreamy.