Wednesday, June 25, 2008

All I need is a beatbox, yo.

Still she has yet to notice, since he left regret unspoken
in the distances he's traveled to unravel the emotion.
For instance, all attempts to hold her met with cold indifference,
shifted shoulders, eyes are drifting, lips stay cracked, too numb for kissing.
Demeaned by his scheming this obscene sounding slogan,
digging deep in her mine of taxed trust-bent and broken.
She’s gone missing from this twisted list of past loves and last looks-
the sad truth he offered stung more than his right hook.
But she’s not shook and won’t crack, won’t look back or waver,
building walls, tunneling trenches-she won’t let you save her.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I found this on my computer today.

I used to frequent a Christian record label's message boards and all I can remember is that there was a thread that involved people posting their 2 lines, and someone would build off of it.

I can't remember much about this one, except that it was done by me and some guy named Joe. I dig it.

Yeah, I freestyle like Shaq...what?

2 comments:

edluv said...

your shaq-esque freestyle reference would have been completely insanely funny if you'd ended with, "so dennis, tell me how my..."

carly said...

siiiiiick...lol