I just answered my phone. There was a ridiculous woman on the other end.
"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name, sweetheart."
Did you just call me 'sweetheart?' That happens a lot. I must sound like an 11-year-old child prodigy. Anyway, that's not what annoyed me, really. This is what annoyed me:
"No problem. My name is Carly."
"CURLY?!"
She was seriously over the top. Aggressive, even.
"CAAAAAAArly. C-A-R-L-Y."
"Oh."
Why would you even think that someone's name was Curly? I'm not a stooge. Or a cowboy. Which, are the only two acceptable reasons to ever have such a name...and even then, I'm not entirely convinced that a cowboy should be named Curly. But Steinbeck can do very little wrong in my opinion, so I'll have to be okay with it.
What was I talking about? Oh, right.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
when i went to catholic school,
my first grade teacher had us make a card and i was the best "drawer" so she had me make a HUGE like, four foot by 2 foot card out to "father CURLY" and it turns out his name was father "KIRBY". dolt.
Post a Comment