So, in order for a dream to be classified as "recurring" does it have to be the same exact dream? Or can it be the same underlying theme...plot...whatever you want to call it?
I keep having this dream...ok, it's happened about 3 times within the past few months-so it's not all of the time, but it's so outrageously disturbing that I'm freaked out it happened at all, let alone more than once.
I'm dreaming about dead cats. Like...just...lots of dead cats.
In each dream, I'm in a house that I'm unfamiliar with and suddenly--there are dead cats everywhere. In the first one, there were live ones, too. Who talked. Gah--it's so creepy. And maybe I should be a little more clear about something--PILES of dead cats. Dead cats in air vents. On the porch. Lying in stairways. In between the screen and front door.
So, today, I decided I wanted to check into it. But I'm not really all that on board with some new-age hippies reeking of patchouli telling me what's buried in my sick, twisted subconscious and that if I'm dreaming of dead cats, I probably need my aura cleansed. But I did it anyway. I figure I can't really verify that they reek like patchouli through a website.
Here's what I found:
Generally, cats are symbolic of feminine power and independence.
A dead animal in a dream almost certainly refers to some part of you - an instinctive force, perhaps - and the dream will be telling you either that this part of you ought to die, because its effects are wholly negative; or that it is a valuable but repressed part of you that you must now bring to life, to rectify an imbalance in your personality.
And this was from a non-hippie book:
Most often, dreams are reflecting physical realities. A person experiencing something (i.e. depression or grief) may have dreams that reflect their state of mind.
Okay. So, my feminine side is repressed? Or my independence? I feel like I'm totally cool with all my female power...maybe it's the other stuff? Feeling stuck and unhappy?
Or I'm just one sick pup. Er...kitten. Meow.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You're purrfect strikes again... Enough with the cats!
no, your feminine side needs to die. yikes!
Hmmm...I'm not a big dream interpreter type person either, but it seems like something is definitely bothering you.
maybe youre just feeling bad for all the cats youve killed in your life?
sara. i told you that in confidence.
Post a Comment