The goal is to write a poem consisting entirely of overheard conversation. You should try it, I'm a little obsessed. I'm sure I'll have new ones occasionally. Anyway, I didn't take whole conversations--I took bits. And here's what I came up with...I think it's kind of great.
The light was on so long, it went out and
I heard little inklings of your voice.
There’s one I forgot--
but it just looks out of place.
I apologize.
In a sense you’ve already paid for it--
you cleaned out what I had.
And once it’s gone,
I don’t really need to be there, do I?
Funny, that reminds me of years ago.
What was it? Was it music?
Why wasn't I told?
I’m still searching--
it’s nothing personal.
And I don’t know how long this is going to take—
I really don’t.
But I wanted you to know--
I just happen to get him.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment