Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Easy Button of poetry.

So, I was looking through some documents on my computer today and I stumbled across this little gem (see below). I have no idea when I wrote it, or more importantly, why I wrote it, or hell...even if I wrote it. But I liked it.

Force-fed by envy,
washed down with resentment.
I’ve resigned myself to a mediocre fate.
This empty belly wants its fill
of something that resembles normal.
I swore I wouldn’t give you my words again-
but here I am,
choking on them.

1 comment:

m.wise said...

do you write your poetry on the computer, or in note pads, or both? just wondering if you normally date your poems. i always try to, that way when i stumble on them months or years later i can better understand why i wrote them. but i don't think mine are as good as yours or dennis'...and i'm okay with that. ;)