Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Guitar Hero

Here's the cake I made for my nephew's 10th birthday. This one took the longest of all of them (it was all the little details in fondant--I mean, those little silver screws and stuff are painted fondant) but it was the most fun.
I broke into my craft supplies to find beading wire for the strings, which, I think really sent it over the edge. It was a hit!



And--I've started a blog for just my cakes & cookies and things. I only put it up last night, so I have some tweaking to do to it. But if you want to check it out, go here:
The Knave of Hearts

10 comments:

Lulu said...

Carly you should really find a way to do this for a living, you have some serious talent! Thats a fantastic cake, I am so impressed.

Also when I clicked the link it said that that blog site didnt exist. I like the title though, cant wait to see it when you get the tweaks out.

Adam said...

THat's a fantastic cake!

And the site is there, Carly just typed the link as theknavesofhearts. All you have to do is make it so knave isn't plural and you're good to go.

carly said...

Thanks, guys!!!

And yeah, I think I fixed the link. :)

timidvenus said...

it looks awesome, blossom!!!

Anonymous said...

Carly...your cake and cookie making/decorating was definitely an untapped resource in Activities! If we only knew... Right...that's probably why we didn't know. We would have had you baking things for every event! Anyway, you are really talented. You'd give Duff a run for his money!
-Jen (from your activity days)

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

holy cow! he's 10! man...that makes me feel old!
incredible cake by the way...duff would be proud :-)

carly said...

JEN!! No, you guys would've had me baking life-size cakes of Tim Gabrielson or something! ;)

And Nancy--yeah, um, Emma will be 12 in September. I was just talking about how I remember getting the call when she was born in our apartment in YE. We're old, sister. ;)

Adam said...

Yeah, a California bakery.

carly said...

Yessie-Um. I need paying customers in order to have a bakery. As it stands now, I lose money everytime I make a cake. Hey, your birthday is coming up--you wanna be first? :P

Adam--YES. Find me a storefront and someone to finance it.

carly said...

Oh, and JESSICA...did you intentionally misuse "your?"

Please say you did it on purpose or we're through.