i had issues with my haiku. the traditional american version of a haiku is 5/7/5. they say if you try to follow the true japanese style of haiku, you might want to use 3/5/3. what i came up with (and like for this particular haiku) is 4/6/4. i think i counted the syllables right. i will give you all three versions. first, my original- 4/6/4 Sunlight wanes. Falling leaves in love. Beautiful Scene. second, traditional american- 5/7/5 As sunlight wanes, falling leaves are in love. A beautiful scene. third, alternate/original-3/5/3 light wanes. leaves fall in love. beautiful.
"You will hear thunder and remember me, And think: she wanted storms. The rim of the sky will be the color of hard crimson, And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire." Anna Akhmatova
11 comments:
I wish I was cold.
Sunburn can suck even more.
My skin is on fire.
Why would you say that
knowing I'm stuck in the snow.
I hope your skin peels.
i had issues with my haiku. the traditional american version of a haiku is 5/7/5. they say if you try to follow the true japanese style of haiku, you might want to use 3/5/3. what i came up with (and like for this particular haiku) is 4/6/4. i think i counted the syllables right.
i will give you all three versions.
first, my original- 4/6/4
Sunlight wanes.
Falling leaves in love.
Beautiful Scene.
second, traditional american- 5/7/5
As sunlight wanes,
falling leaves are in love.
A beautiful scene.
third, alternate/original-3/5/3
light wanes.
leaves fall in love.
beautiful.
very nice, mike...i like the last one the best.
Yes Mike, the last one is perfect. Ah brevity.
If I have to peel,
I'd like to in your coffee.
How do you like that?
I just won't drink it.
Next time I stay at your place-
pee in your mouthwash.
dang, carly. that made me laugh out loud. the girls i work with asked me what why i was laughing. i told them it was a haiku war.
yessssss! i love it. lol
There are things to say
That I won't because I'm nice;
Your folks read this blog.
I'm the evil twin-
just because I have black hair.
You're blonde; not nice, ho.
Post a Comment